The blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in a few seconds. If not, visit
http://www.annazatopek.com/blog/
and update your bookmarks.

Welcome to my blog! This is a place where I hang out some days and talk about photography, things in the world, my family, friends and things I like. I hope you enjoy your time here! Feel free to comment on anything you find of interest or just say hello. Thanks for stopping by and have a wonderful day!

Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Suzanne and Philip

See the slideshow


Their story touches my heart. Not only is it very sweet and romantic, but I can totally relate. Suzanne and Philip met years ago while working together. There were other things going on in their lives at the time so they went their separate ways. Some time later and after many years of life experience for both of them, Philip wrote Suzanne a letter. Six months later, they were engaged. Suzanne has a beautiful daughter with fiery red hair. Together, they make a beautiful new family.

Lots of coincidences have been popping up for me lately. Or maybe I'm just more aware of them. I didn't know Suzanne and Philip's story before I met them the day I photographed their wedding. See, my husband and I share a similar story and as their day unfolded I became more and more astounded at the similarities we share. It just reaffirmed that I am doing what I am supposed to be doing.

To make a looong story short...Bill and I dated in college for a while and then (due to my selfishness) went our separate ways and had very different lives. I moved to California, he moved back to Houston. I had a baby, he had an auditing job. We met up again after I moved back home to Austin with my daughter. I took a chance and called his brother to find him. To my delightful surprise, he was single and trying to get on with the Austin Fire Department and was planning on moving back. Coincidentally, he had been looking for me, too! The flames reignited, my daughter instantly loved him and we all just came together like three puzzle pieces. We got hitched in 2005 and almost two years ago had a fiery red headed little girl. Is the puzzle complete? I don't know, I think we need a dog. Crazy, eh?

Thank you for the honor of including me in your celebration!
Here's to a long and wonderful marriage, Suzanne and Philip!






















No comments: